Dr. Scott S. Lee was born in Korea and immigrated to America when he was young. To him, becoming a veterinarian was a part of his family tradition as his grandfather was a pioneer in veterinary medicine in Korea. As a little child, he remembers being taken to a zoo where his grandfather showed him how to assist zebra giving birth to a baby zebra. Since then, he was determined to be a veterinarian, following his grandfather’s foot step. He went to high school and college here in LA area and decided to go back to Korea to start his veterinary education. He completed his veterinary doctoral degree at GyeongSang National University in 2008. When he completed his doctoral degree as a veterinarian, he had a strong desire and thirst to pursue his education in one special area of small animal veterinary practice, namely small animal surgery. He started his thesis based graduate study in the area of small animal surgery for 2 additional years. During his intensive surgical training, he has participated, trained and operated over seven hundred cases of surgical cases. Also, during his training, he was heavily involved in wild life rescue and he worked with species like river otters, black vultures and neutrina. After completing his rigorous training in small animal surgery, he then transferred to Oregon State University for additional one year of rigorous and evaluated clinical training where he was evaluated by faculties at the university and broadened his views on standard care of veterinary medicine in America. When he has free time, he loves to cook for his family.
Here are some of Dr. Lee’s achievement throughout his surgical training.
- Y-K. Kim, S-Y. Lee, S-J. Park, S-S. Lee, H-C. Lee, H-J. Lee, S-C. Yeon. Feasibility of single portal access laparoscopic ovariectomy in 15 cats. Veterinary Record (2011, Accepted). SCI
- Young K. Kim, Scott S. Lee, Euy H. Suh, Lyon Lee, Hee C. Lee, Hyo J. Lee, and Seong C. Yeon. Minimum anesthetic concentration and cardiovascular dose-response relationship of isoflurane in cinereous vultures (Aegypius Monachus), In the process of review in Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine. Journal of Zoo and Wildlife Medicine (2011, In press). SCI
- Young K. Kim, Scott S. Lee, Euy H. Suh, Lyon Lee, Hee C. Lee, Hyo J. Lee, Seong C. Yeon. Sprayed intraperitoneal bupivacaine reduce early postoperative pain behavior and biochemical stress response after laparoscopic ovariohysterectomy in dogs, The Veterinary Journal (2011), In press. (SCI)
- Young-Ki Kim, Seung-Yong Lee, Se-Jin Park, Scott-S Lee, Jin-Hyun Kim, Hee-Chun Lee, Hong-Hee Chang, Hyo-Jong Lee and Seong-Chan Yeon. Clinical Application of Mesenchymal Stem Cells in a Dog with Intervertebral Disc Disease, Journal of Veterinary Clinics 2011. 28(1): 122-127..
- Young-Ki Kim, Seung-Yong Lee, Se-Jin Park, Scott-S Lee, Euy-Hoon Suh, Hong-Hee Chang, Hee-Chun Lee, Hyo-Jong Lee and Seong-Chan Yeon. Effects of intraperitoneal bupivacaine instillation on postoperative pain behavior after laparoscopic ovariohysterectomy in dogs. Journal of Veterinary Clinics 2011. 28(1): 33-39.
- Seong-Su Cho, Young-Ki Kim, Se-Jin Park, Seung-Yong Lee, Scott-S Lee, Hee-Chun Lee, Hyo-Jong Lee and Seong-Chan Yeon. Effects of using carbon dioxide on heart rate and arterial blood pressure during laparoscopic ovariohysterectomy in dogs. Journal of Veterinary Clinics 2011. 28(1): 40-45.
- Young-Ki Kim, Scott-S Lee, Jae-Min Hwang, Hee-Chun Lee, Hyo-Jong Lee and Seong-Chan Yeon. Laparoscopic ovariohysterectomy in female dogs. Journal of Veterinary Clinics 2011. 28(1): 149-153.
- Young Ki. Kim , Scott S. Lee, Seok Il. Oh , Jong Seok. Kim , Euy Hoon. Suh , Katherine Albro Houpt , Hee Chun. Lee , Hyo Jong. Lee , Seong Chan. Yeon. Behavioural reactivity of the Korean native Jindo dog varies with coat colour. Behavioral Process 2010. 84(2): 568-572. (SCI)
- Young Ki Kim, Scott S. Lee, Jong Seok Kim, Euy Hoon SUH, Katherine Albro Houpt, Hee Chun Lee, Hyo Jong Lee, and Seong Chan Yeon. Behavioral Reactivity of Jindo Dogs Socialized at an Early Age Compared with Non-Socialized Dogs. Journal of Veterinary Medical Science 2010. 72(4): 405-410. (SCI)
- Young Ki KIM, Eu Gene SEO, Scott S Lee, Euy Hoon SUH, Katherine Albro HOUPT, Hee Chun LEE, Hyo Jong LEE, Seong Chan YEON. Comparative Analysis of Vocalizations of Thoroughbred Mares (Equus caballus) between Estrus and Diestrus. Journal of Veterinary Medical Science 2010. 72(7): 929-933. (SCI)
- Kim,Y.K., Lee,S.S., Oh,S.I., Lee,G.W., Kim,J.S., Chang,H.H., Suh,E.H., Lee,H.C., Lee,H.J., Yeon,S.C. Jindo dog’s ethogram revealed by behavioral test. Journal of Veterinary Clinics 2009. 26(3): 238-245.
- Kim,Y.K., Min,H.K., Jin,Y.B., Lee,S.K., Oh,K.C., Kim,J.K., Lee,S.S., Lee,H.C., Chang,H.H., Lee,H.J., Yeon,S.C. Surgical implantation of intra-abdominal radiotransmitter and observation of postoperative behaviour in the River Otter (Lutra lutra) of Korea. Journal of Veterinary Clinics 2009. 26(4): 395-399
- Young-Ki Kim, Mi-Young Uhm, Scott S. Lee, Ji-Hwan Wang, Kee-Tae Park, Yeong-Bae Jin, Hee-Chun Lee, Hyo-Jong Lee and Seong Chan Yeon. Careful Approach for Ureteronephrectomy in a dog with Hydronephrosis causing Dense Adhesion. Journal of Veterinary Clinics 2009.26(4): 353-358
- Uhm,M.Y., Kim,Y.K., Lee,S.S., Suh,E.H., Chang,H.H., Lee,H.C., Lee,H.J., Yeon,S.C. Effects of intraperitoneal administration of bupivacaine on relief of pain and change of behavior following ovariohysterectomy in cats. Journal of Veterinary Clinics 2009.26(3): 205-211
Call Us now! 562-282-9639
AM PM Ideal Pet Care
12852 Pioneer Blvd Norwalk, CA 90650